400 g cubed potatoes
450 g salmon fillet
1 pint of rice milk
1 bay leaf
30g dairy-free butter (we like Pure sunflower spread)
1 desert spoon chopped dill
1 deserts spoon chopped parsley
150g bread crumbs (see recipe for gluten free bread if needed)
Boil water and cook potatoes for 20 minutes.
1. Put salmon into frying pan and pour over the milk until it’s covered. Add the bay leaf, salt & pepper.
2. Bring the milk to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes or the salmon is cooked.
3. Take the salmon out to cool, but reserve the liquid.
4. Mash the potatoes with 100mls of the reserved liquid and the dairy-free butter.
5. Separate the flakes of salmon and mix with the potatoes, 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon of the poaching
milk and the herbs. Season.
6. Wet hands to prevent sticking and mould the mixture into little balls, then flatten slightly.
7. Press the balls into the breadcrumbs.
8. Heat oil in a frying pan and cook a few fishcakes at a time. Cook until golden brown.
Recipe from Parentsown.